The Windy City is filled with things to do from shopping to sports to more cultured events like the museum or concerts. But it is also a great place to enjoy some of the best cuisine around. There are tons of restaurants in the Chicago area that include cuisine from all over the world.
Chances are if you have a craving for a specific type of food, Chicago will have something that will take care of that craving. We have provided you with a list of the best places to eat in Chicago. Having this list to reference can make choosing a great place to eat much simpler.
- Giordano’s – You can’t go to Chicago without thinking about authentic Chicago deep dish pizza. At Giordano’s you can get a taste of Chicago deep dish pizza that comes from generations of tradition. Back in Italy, Mama Giordano was known for her exceptional cooking. She served family and friends double-crusted masterpieces that were stuffed with cheese on special gatherings. It became a cherished tradition within the family and a legend in Torino, Italy. Now you can taste this incredible recipe right here at Giordano’s. This pizza has been called Chicago’s Best Pizza by big names like NBC, New York Times, Chicago Tribune and much more. Choose from their signature stuffed deep dish with your choice of delicious toppings or try their hand-stretched thin crust or crispy extra thin crust. There is a huge selection of toppings to choose from including artichokes, chicken, and much more. If you’re not sure what you want, consider trying their famous Meat & More Meat stuffed deep dish pizza. It will be an experience you never forget and will be sure to want to have again.
- Gibson’s Bar and Steakhouse –When you’re in the mood for a steak, nothing else will do. You want a steak that will leave a lasting impression, right? Try Gibson’s Bar and Steakhouse. Gibson’s has been a Chicago icon since the doors opened in 1989. This classic steakhouse is the first and the only steakhouse in the United States that has been awarded its own USDA Prime Certification. All of their steaks are USDA Gibsons Prime Angus Beef that will take your steak eating experience to new heights. Whether it’s Filet Mignon, Porterhouse, or Sirloin that you love, there is a steak on the menu that will fit your cravings. If you’re feeling really ambitious, try W.R.’s Chicago Cut; a huge 22 ounce steak that will ruin all other steaks for you. Gibsons has a full menu that also features tasty starters like Oysters on the Half Shell, seafood entrees and their famous, 2013 People’s Choice, Burger Hop Award-Winning ‘Sandwich King of Hamburgers’ that features spicy mayo, crispy cherry peppers and yummy jalapeno Havarti cheese.
- Shanghai Terrace – Step back in time when you dine in the restaurant that was voted the number one Chinese Restaurant in Chicago. The 1930s supper club atmosphere is the perfect surroundings for a special anniversary or birthday dinner. If you love eating outside, dine on the Terrance that features incredible skyline views. Shanghai Terrace features an array of Cantonese delicacies that is consistently getting honored with AAA Four Diamond Awards. Chef de Cuisine Elmo Han will provide you with a wonderful blend of classics with a creative twist to traditional dishes like delicious Dim Sum or Peking Duck. Your taste buds will enjoy quality and flavor that is unforgettable while you enjoy an ambience that makes the night truly spectacular.
- Frontera Grill– When Mexican cuisine is what you have a craving for, head over to Frontera Grill where handmade is the mainstay of their restaurant. Rick and Deann Groen Bayless, the owners of Frontera were inspired to open a restaurant that reminded them of the travels they took to Mexico. They took care to decorate the interior of the restaurant to “feel” like their travels did for them. With colorful Mexican folk art adorning the walls, cheery Mariachi music and a menu jam-packed with delicious foods, you will not only taste Mexico, you’ll get to see and hear it as well. Frontera cares about where their food comes from and they openly share with their guests where they get each and every ingredient from the handmade corn tortillas that come from organic corn from Mexico, to the Beef that is antibiotic-free, Creekstone National Black Angus. Frontera’s features daily specials each day that you may want to try like the Birria which features slow-braised, local goat that has been Chili-marinated and has fresh ground corn Masa Sopes, Napa cabbage, runner beans and rich braising juices. There are plenty of delicious dishes to try to help satisfy that craving for true, authentic Mexican food.
- RPM Italian – It takes a lot to top homemade Italian food. If you are ready for pasta that is made fresh in the restaurant daily, slow roasted meats and traditional Italian classics that will make you feel like you stepped into Italy, you are ready for RPM Italian. This modern restaurant holds true to its authentic Italian cuisine with meals that are meant to be shared. Acclaimed Chef Doug Psaltis provides you with an incredible dining experience that includes a large selection of dishes that are sure to have something that will satisfy everyone. Try their delicious Prosciutto Tortelloni that features rosemary and parmesan brodo or how about an exquisite Maine Lobster Ravioli featuring chili flakes and spinach pasta? One thing is certain, whatever you choose you’re going to be pleased…and stuffed! The décor of RPM Italian completes your special dining experience with chic blacks, grays, and whites that show off the richness of the leather and wood tables and chairs that gives your meal a very luxurious feel.
- Eleven City Diner –The atmosphere of an authentic diner is fun and relaxed and brings back memories of days gone by. The owner of Eleven City Diner was raised going to old school diners and Jewish Delicatessens while growing up. Over the course of a childhood filled with travel, there was a lot of opportunity to see different diners all across the United States. Eleven City Diner was started with a desire to bring back family “dining rooms” and make them what they used to be. The atmosphere is casual, the food is delicious and the choices are almost endless. True, authentic diners are not as prevalent as they once were so when you find one like Eleven City Diner, you want to make sure you stop in and get a bite to eat. The menu is chock full of delicious foods like their Black and White; Challah French toast with a white chocolate sauce, a small drizzle of milk chocolate and dusting of Pretzel on top. If you’re in the mood for lunch or dinner, you can choose an authentic Patty Melt with Angus Beef, grilled onions, 1000 island dressing on Rye bread or yummy slow-roasted Brisket served with potatoes and carrots. Once you’ve experienced Eleven City Diner you’ll wish you had a lot more time to try all of their great menu items.
- Shaw’s Crab House Chicago –Shaw’s Crab House is the place to go whether you are looking for a nice, serene dinner with a lot of ambience or you’re feeling a lot more energetic and want to enjoy the lively atmosphere in the bar. The main dining room of Shaw’s is decorated in 1940s style with elegant white tablecloths and comfortable chairs that is perfect for romantic dinners for two or an important business meeting. If you’re just finishing up with a long work week and you’re ready to kick back and socialize, you’ll love the lively atmosphere of the fun Oyster bar. Enjoy live Jazz from Sunday to Thursday starting at 7 that will really get you into the mood for relaxing and enjoying your evening. The food offered at Shaw’s is exceptional. The restaurant specializes in classic American Seafood, along with contemporary choices as well. Choose from appealing selections like Maryland Crab Cakes, Alaskan Red King Crab Legs, or Coldwater Oysters. All total you have more than 20 fresh seafood and fish dishes offered along with in-house baked desserts to finish your meal right.
- Ditka’s Chicago –With a primary goal of having their guests so happy with their experience that they want to return, Ditka’s Chicago exemplifies what hospitality is all about. Created by famous Chicago Bears Coach Mike Ditka, the décor is done with a laid back sports motif with white linen tablecloths on the tables, cozy booths in leather, warm hardwood floors and a lot of wood accents in rich mahogany. Ditka’s Chef Tom Kenny offers a menu that is created with expertise and passion for quality. Ditka’s Chicago is known for their steaks and chops so you will definitely want to give their signature dish called “Da Pork Chop” a try. They also offer delicious seafood and traditional American classics as well. If you’re visiting Ditka’s for lunch, don’t overlook what has been called the Best Burger in Chicago, known as The Fridge Burger. The service at Ditka’s is warm and friendly and Coach Ditka himself is there most evenings, visiting and welcoming guests and fans alike.
- Greek Islands Restaurant – Greek Islands was born from humble beginnings by a group of friends that realized the American Dream. They opened their restaurant in 1971 and now Greek Islands is known as the most popular Greek restaurant in the United States. Some of the delicious ingredients and foods that Greek Islands Restaurant serves are selected and shipped from Greece itself such as their superior, high quality extra virgin olive oil, exceptional wines, delicious cheeses, herbs and some seafood as well. They have two Chicago locations now and still hold fast to their original founding principles of great value, great service and of course, great food. The menu is huge, with tons of selections to please every member of the family. Start off choosing one of their hot or cold appetizers like The Greek Islands Cold Plate that features a collection of cold spreads, seafood, cheese, peppers and olives or the pan fried calamari. Next choose from their wonderful and extensive entrée line up where you can even create your own combo from a large assortment of choices that include delicious roast pork or tender baked chicken. There are so many delicious meals to choose from at Greek Islands Restaurant, you’ll want to make it a regular stop.
- Carnivale Chicago – There is always something fun and exciting going on at Carnivale Chicago. Whether it’s brunch, lunch, or dinner you will find a huge selection of delicious foods that will be hard to choose from. Choose from lunch choices that include seafood paella, Yucatan salmon or criollo half chicken. If you are partaking in Carnivale’s famous brunch, look for delicacies like key lime French toast, bacon wrapped dates and chicken and waffles. Dinner is the main event and people come from all over the city to partake of Chef Rodolfo Cuadros’ exquisite cuisine including coconut shrimp appetizers, Yucca Gnochi and many others. End your dining experience at Carnivale with wonderfully sweet desserts like organic cotton candy for the kids or chocolate lava mousse cake. With regular events like Samba Fridays, Happy Hour and more, eating at Carnivale Chicago is a destination that you will want to make a regular part of your life.