Nursing Pad Reviews
Nursing pads or breast pads as they are sometimes called are a useful breastfeeding accessory and can make things a lot less stressful. Accidental leaks during the breastfeeding months is completely normal and should not be worried about, however, if you are out in public or working, you don’t want the front of your top to be wet or stained.
This is where nursing pads come in. They are designed to fit inside the bra so they stop leaks from occurring. This way there is no embarrassment and not staining of clothing. There are a large number of nursing pads on the market from disposable to reusable. They come in a variety of styles, colors and types.
Best Overall Nursing Pad
5/5 Product Rating
Each pad is individually wrapped and has a quilted lining that has a honeycomb design and a unique waterproof layer that provides nursing moms with plenty of security that their clothing won’t be ruined or stained.
Even if they get soaked, they will maintain their smooth shape and form so there is no bulkiness or bunching. These are disposable so when they get wet, just toss in the trash and get new, dry ones.
There are 60 nursing pads in each box. They are available in 36 count, 60 count and 100 count as well.
These nursing pads were founded by a breastfeeding mom who truly understands what moms go through and the challenges that women face during nursing.
These disposable nursing pads are one of the best pads on the market that moms can get with their ultra thin and super absorbent. The soft, stay-dry lining that will pull the milk away from the skin so moms don’t develop rashes or other skin problems from being in constant contact with wetness. The non-slip adhesive tape will keep the pads in place so they don’t slip.
– Linda Krantz
Best Overall Nursing Pad – Runner Up
4.8/5 Product Rating
They are made from organic bamboo that is ultra soft and feel great against your skin. They are eco-friendly and more absorbent than cotton or any disposable pad.
These are the highest quality nursing pads on the market and are hypoallergenic and leakproof too. Each wash makes the nursing pads get softer and softer so they feel better the more you wash and reuse them.
Mothers won’t have to worry about embarrassing leaks with these excellent high quality nursing pads.
Each pack contains 4 different colors. There is a bonus ebook gift with each purchase. These pads can also be used with nipple creams if you are suffering from sore or chafed nipples which can happen when nursing first begins.
– Linda Krantz
3. M & Y
4.7/5 Product Rating
These pads are made from organic bamboo which makes a big difference in their absorption and softness too. They are hypoallergenic as well so mothers will not have any adverse reactions to the material.
The construction of these washable nursing pads is a three layer construction that is super absorbent that has an outer layer that is waterproof to prevent leaks. The diameter is 4.72” to provide plenty of coverage.
They don’t snag on the material of your bra so you can move them aside when you are nursing and then put them back into place easily when the baby is done. Unlike disposable nursing pads, these won’t bunch up and become uncomfortable and noticeable under your shirt.
Buying washable nursing pads saves you a lot of money since you can wash these instead of having to throw them away. The free laundry bag prevents them from getting lost in the laundry. When they are completely dry, it’s a great way to store them conveniently as well.
M&J’s organic washable nursing pads come with a 100% money back guarantee, so if you are unhappy for any reason with this pack of nursing pads that contain 12 pads, they will refund your money with no questions asked.
– Linda Krantz
One of the occurrences that go along with regular nursing is the possibility of leaks in between nursing. Having the right nursing pads in place can spare you the embarrassment of stained shirts while out in public. Nursing pads absorb the leaking and prevent staining and embarrassment that can go along with these unexpected leaks.
There are many different types and styles of nursing pad on the market today. Whether a mom chooses disposable or reusable is a matter of personal preference. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. Whichever you choose, it is important to do some research and make sure that you get good quality nursing pads that will take care of any leaks and protect your clothing and your confidence as well.
Read our buyer’s guide below to learn even more about how to choose the right nursing pad for your needs. This information will help educate you on what to look for and the features that are desirable in a good nursing pad.
4. TL Care
5. Baby Zeli
6. Kiddo Care
Nursing Pad Buying Guide
What is a Nursing Pad?
A nursing pad is a pad that is disposable or reusable and fits inside your nursing bra to protect your clothing from leaks that can occur while you are breastfeeding your baby. They can be made of cotton, bamboo, or other materials. Disposable nursing pads are meant to be thrown away. Many mothers like and prefer the convenience of simply throwing away the used ones and replacing them with new ones.
Reusable nursing pads are typically made of cotton or organic bamboo which is much more absorbent and breathable than cotton is. These can come in all kinds of colors and sizes and when they get wet, you just toss them into the washer, dry them and they are good as new. Many companies include a washing bag with the pads to keep them from getting lost in the washer or dryer.
Below we have listed out when you might find that you need nursing pads.
- If you will be away from your baby for a few hours
- If you have high milk production
- During sleep
- If your nipples are sore or cracked and you need to wear creams. You can also look for hydrogel pads that are very helpful when you are suffering from cracked, nipples.
- When you have to work away from the baby
- During the first few weeks while you are establishing your milk supply
- During sexual encounters
Choosing the Best Nursing Pads
There are several features you want to consider when you have decided to purchase some nursing pads. These features are commonly seen in different types of nursing pads so if there are any specific features you want, be sure to look for them in the description of the pads you are interested in.
- Comfort – since you will be wearing the nursing pads most of the time, you want them to be comfortable. You also don’t want them to be seen through your clothing.
- Absorbent – Cheap nursing pads will behave like cheap nursing pads and will slide, bunch up and may not even prevent leaks. Look for the best quality nursing pads you can afford to ensure that you are protected from leaks.
- Undetectable – Look for nursing pads that are super absorbent but also super thin. You don’t want people to be able to see them through your shirts. Making sure the colors match and that they are super thin will usually alleviate the problem of seeing them through your top.
- Cost – if you prefer disposables, look for bulk boxes that sell several boxes at once for a reduced price. This is a good way to save some money. If you’ve decided you want to use reusable nursing pads, look for high quality pads that are made from good, breathable fabric that is soft, comfortable and super absorbent.
- Waterproof/Water-resistant – Look for nursing pads that are waterproof or water-resistant. This will prevent them from getting ruined if they do get wet.
How many pads will you need?
This is going to have a different answer depending on your own personal situation such as your milk production, and how new you are to nursing. Some women don’t have any trouble at all with leaking and others may have a terrible time with it. You will know after a week or so how many pads per day you will normally go through.
How often should nursing pads be changed?
Leaving a nursing pad on too long can cause bleed through to your clothing and can also lead to breast infections and mastitis. For this reason, it is recommended that nursing pads be changed every few hours even if they are not totally wet. This will prevent the skin from breaking down and causing problems. In general, you can expect to use about 6-7 pairs of nursing pads in a 24 hour period unless you have heavy leaking.
Types of Breast Pads
There are many different types, shapes and sizes of nursing pads. They can be either disposable or reusable and many have adhesive strips on the back that prevent them from shifting inside your bra. Some are contoured as well. We have the different types listed below.
- Disposable Nursing Pads – Disposable nursing pads are perfect for traveling and for those who don’t want to have to carry used ones around until they can get back home to wash them. There are many different kinds of disposable nursing pads in all different sizes. You may want to try several brands to see which ones you like the most. They are meant to be discarded when they get wet which means you will need to keep purchasing new ones the same way you do diapers and wipes.
- Reusable Nursing Pads – These are definitely more cost effective since you can wash them and reuse them over and over again. Reusable nursing pads are eco-friendly since you are not throwing them away every day. You will want to purchase several pairs. If you get 8-10 pairs you will have more than enough to get you through the day and can wash them at night when you are down to your last pair, so they are ready for the next day.
- Silicone Nursing Pads – These are not absorbent at all and word by applying pressure to the breast to prevent leaking. They are made of soft silicone and have a sticky surface that will adhere to your breast so you can wear them with or without a bra. Many people wear these types of nursing pads under dressing dresses and other events.
Nursing pads are a must have for women who breastfeed but spend time outside the home away from the baby. During this time away, you can have leaks that can be very embarrassing. Nursing pads prevent this embarrassment and protect your clothing from stains.
With all of the different choices on the market, it can be quite difficult to choose which ones you want to use. The three top rated nursing pads are all excellent choices, but if you want to look for others, we’ve outlined the things you need to look for when you are comparing the different size nursing pads against each other.
The information in this buyer’s guide will enable you to make an informed decision that will fulfill all your needs. This knowledge will prevent you from buying the wrong nursing pads and help you save money and time in returns and hassles if you choose one that doesn’t work for you.
- Lansinoh – https://www.lansinoh.com/en/