Indoor Tanning Lotion Reviews
Indoor tanning lotions are very different than regular tanning lotion that you use when you are out in the sun. If you use tanning beds, it is important to find a good quality indoor tanning lotion so your skin can be as healthy as possible.
You should never use regular outdoor tanning lotion when you use a tanning bed and indoor tanning lotion is not appropriate for using outside in the sunshine because it contains no SPF to protect from burning. Keep in mind that not using any tanning lotion at all can result in dry, flaking, dull looking skin that doesn’t feel or look good.
There is an abundance of indoor tanning lotions on the market today. Choosing one out of so many can be really confusing if you don’t know what you are looking for and what factors to take into consideration when you are shopping.
This guide will help you understand what is important in finding a high quality indoor tanning lotion and will help you navigate the large selection available so you make the right choice for your skin and the goals that you have regarding tanning.
Best Overall Indoor Tanning Lotion
5/5 Product Rating
This 25x black label private reserve contains solar silicone emulsion that maintains a deep, dark tan and feels like heaven on your skin too.
The L.E.D™ Complex helps your skin fight off free radical aggressors for healthier skin.
The 13.5 ounce bottle this product comes in continues the luxurious experience with it design and beautiful colors.
The fragrance is Sweet Champagne Fizz and smells incredible so your skin has a wonderful scent even after the tanning session is over.
This popular indoor tanning lotion will boost the skin’s appearance, tone and elasticity so your skin is healthier and looks better after using it. It works for all skin types and a little goes a long way.
– Linda Krantz
Best Overall Indoor Tanning Lotion – Runner Up
4.8/5 Product Rating
Ingredients like Walnut Shell extract, Carmel, and Monoi de Tahiti work together with dark natural bronzers to provide the darkest tan possible.
Along with gorgeous, deep color your skin will be improved as well.
Hemp seed, black currant oil, sunflower oil and kukui not oil all combine with other vitamins to keep you skin soft, silky and very hydrated and sexy too.
You will be so surprised by how deep your tan is from using this wonderful product that provides the deepest tan and silkiest, healthy skin you can have.
It is much better for your skin than tanning outdoors or not using lotion in the tanning bed at all.
– Linda Krantz
3. Ed Hardy
Best Budget Indoor Tanning Lotion
4.6/5 Product Rating
This product contains coconut milk and coconut oil which are very popular ingredients for healthy, soft skin.
The intensifiers give you deep golden results without having to use any bronzing agents.
The blend of Quad tyrosine and melanobronze stimulate the melanin in your skin to accelerate your tanning so you get better results in less time.
The melactiva-melanin synthesizer provides a deeper tan with long lasting results that you will love. Other popular benefits of this terrific product include reducing the appearance of cellulite and encouraging the skin to be firm and healthy.
It also protects tattoos from fading and extends the life and brightness of them as well. Your skin will be hydrated, silky soft, and deeply tan.
– Linda Krantz
If you visit the tanning salon to get a tan rather than laying out in the sun outdoors or using a spray tan, you will want to use a good quality indoor tanning lotion to ensure that your skin stays soft, glowing and hydrated. Most tanning bed lotions are designed to improve your skin with continued use so dry flaky skin is a thing of the past.
The three indoor tanning lotions reviewed above are all excellent examples of high quality tanning lotions for use in tanning beds. All of them contain soothing and hydrating ingredients that help the skin look and feel terrific after you have been tanning. With ingredients like coconut milk, sunflower oil, and many others, you will love how your skin feels as soon as the first time you use it.
Learn more about indoor tanning lotion by reading the buyer’s guide below. The information in the guide will help you sort through all of the many choices on the market and choose one that is perfect for your skin, your tanning goals and your budget.
4. Solid Black
5. Maui Babe
6. Black Storm
7. Black 20X
8. Sinfully Black
Indoor Tanning Lotion Buying Guide
Info You Must Have
There are some significant differences between a tanning lotion you use outside in the sunshine and one that is used inside for tanning beds. Below we have listed the differences so you will understand what you are using.
Some specifics about indoor tanning lotions
- Work the best when you tan a short amount of time – Regular outdoor tanning lotion is formulated to protect the wearer for an extended period of time outdoors. The way that indoor lotions work is by responding quickly to short, more intense sessions which give you a faster tan that is deeper as well.
- No damage to the tanning bed at all – Using a regular tanning lotion when lying on a tanning bed can have disastrous effects on the bed itself, resulting in the acrylic being damaged. It will also leave a film on the acrylic that affects and limits how well the user tans.
- Less need for SPF Protection – Tanning indoors is different than tanning outdoors. A regular tanning product containing SPF allows you to be outside, exposed to UV rays for longer periods of time. Because indoor tanning is so limited in time, the expo
- Tingling Lotions – Some lotions are considered tingle lotions which mean the skin will feel very warm, almost hot and will tingle as the ingredients in the lotion stimulate the melanin in the skin. Some people love this effect while others can’t tolerate the tingling. If you do not want a tingling feeling make sure that the lotion you choose does not have that tingle factor. It will state it in the description or on the bottle itself.
Understanding UV Rays
There are two forms of UV rays that a person is exposed to both in regular sunshine and a tanning bed. These two types are UVA and UVB.
UVA – These UV rays are usually less likely to cause the skin to burn but because UVA gets deeper into the skin than UVB, it is the UVA rays that are responsible for photoaging, wrinkling, and that leather-look that is commonly seen among people who spend too much time in the sun or in the tanning bed. It has also been associated with some types of skin cancers along with melanomas. UVA has also been shown to enhance UVB’s cancer causing effects.
UVB – These rays are more potent than the UVA rays and can cause sunburn. They are also the main cause of two different cell carcinomas: basal and squamous and is a big cause of melanoma.
How Tanning Lotions Work?
Indoor tanning lotions work by increasing and stimulating your body’s natural tanning ability and process. They also protect your skin by keeping the moisture levels where they should be. It opens your pores as well, and magnifies the UV exposure, you can control the entire tanning process with skin conditioning and moisturization that results in a tan that is deeper and that lasts longer.
There are many indoor tanning lotions that contain a prism of oils that are refractive and cause the UV light to be magnified. This process intensifies the tan you get from a tanning bed. Since dry skin reflects UV light, you are wasting most of tanning session. The indoor lotions contain minerals, natural botanical extracts, vitamins, aloe vera, natural oils, anti-oxidants and more. You won’t believe how great your skin will look and feel once you’ve been tanning for a few sessions.
Good Things about Tanning Lotions
There are several benefits that using an indoor tanning lotion will provide. We have listed all of the common reasons that people love using these lotions so much.
- Saves money and time – Indoor tanning lotions will speed up the tanning process so you get the deep, dark tan you want much faster. You won’t have to spend hours in the sun to achieve the kind of tan you can get in a ¼ of the time in a tanning bed.
- Longer lasting tan – Using an indoor tanning lotion keeps your skin hydrated so there will be no peeling. This also means your tan will last longer.
- Moisturized skin – Your skin can become dry and dehydrated from tanning. Using an indoor lotion will improve your tan and your skin. Your skin will be softer and less likely to form wrinkles.
- Reduces dry skin – The anti-aging ingredients that indoor tanning lotions contain can reduce premature aging of the skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles as well.
- No after tan odor – There is a distinct smell that tanning in a tanning bed can cause. This odor is actually bacteria on your skin getting hot in the tanning bed. Many tanning lotions for indoor use have anti-bacterial ingredients that get rid of that odor. The usually have wonderful scents that are very appealing.
- Enhances and Evens Your Tan – Hydrating your skin properly with the right indoor tanning lotion on a regular basis will enhance and even out your tan so it looks great all over.
- Prevents burning – Even thought the majority of indoor tanning lotions don’t have SPF, your skin will be moisturized which will lessen the chances of getting a sunburn.
- Continues to develop your tan after tanning – The tan enhancing properties that this type of tanning lotion contains continues to work even after you leave the salon. For this reason it is advisable to wait at least 2 hours before taking a bath or shower. More time is even better since your tan will continue to deepen.
- Improves the skin’s condition – Most indoor tanning lotions have a lot of ingredients that improve the look, feel and condition of the skin.
Indoor tanning lotions are very popular with those who love to use tanning beds to achieve a deep, dark tan. There are so many different types of tanning lotions on the market, sorting through them all could be a real challenge if you don’t know what you are looking for.
Once you have the right information, sorting through the different types and brands becomes much more manageable and a lot less worrisome.
This guide has provided you with three terrific top rated indoor tanning lotion choices that contain plenty of ingredients that are designed to improve the look and feel of your skin and even its elasticity. One of the choices reduces the appearance of cellulite too!
Once you have chosen the indoor tanning lotion you want to use, you will be able to enjoy the benefits as well as the results of using them. Your glowing, enviable tan will be exactly the reward you will love.
- Designer Skin – http://www.designerskin.com/catalog/bronzer/luminary
- Australian Gold Jwoww – http://www.agindoor.com/jwoww.html
- Ed Hardy – http://www.edhardytanning.com/