That was our top criteria for selecting the best granite cleaner.
If you are ready to cut through the dirt right away, Granite Gold Daily Cleaner scored high marks in all categories and is our top pick.
Granite Cleaner Reviews
Granite countertops are very popular in today’s kitchens. Not everyone is aware, but it is not advisable to use regular household cleaners on your granite countertops. There are specific cleaners available that are specifically made for cleaning granite countertops and other types of stone.
Using regular cleaners can leave stains, streaks, watermarks and can even discolor or damage your countertops. If you are looking for a great granite cleaner there are a few things you will want to look for when you start searching.
The purpose of this guide is to help steer you in the right direction when it comes to researching the different brands available. With the right information, sorting through the choices and eliminating the ones that don’t fit your needs is much easier.
There are three steps involved in taking care of your granite countertops properly: clean, polish and seal. Follow the information and tips in this guide and your countertops will be beautiful for a long time to come.
1. Granite Gold Daily Cleaner
Best Overall & Best for Granite Counters
5/5 Product Rating
This convenient refill bottle provides plenty of cleaner that will last a long time, even with daily use.
There are no phosphates or ammonia in this product. It is non-toxic and non-acidic as well as being biodegradable.
The pH-balanced formula ensures the safest cleaning for your granite without any worry of damage or discoloration.
The fresh citrus scent is very pleasant and leaves your kitchen with a lovely scent when you are done. Granite Gold removes all kinds of spills and soil.
Use it in place of regular cleaning products to avoid expensive-to-repair damage to the countertops.
– Sarah Lytle
2. Supreme Surface Granite & Quartz
Best Cleaner for Granite Floors
4.7/5 Product Rating
Supreme Surface Granite and Quartz Cleaner makes your countertops more vibrant and reflective and keeps the surface smooth.
As an added bonus, it smells good too. This pH balanced cleaner for granite has no abrasive chemicals, is biodegradable and non-toxic too.
You won’t have any wax buildup, residue or discoloration when you use this popular granite cleaner. One bottle covers 6500 square feet and this product is commonly used by industry professionals.
This product breaks the bonds that keep grease and dirt on your counter, allowing them to be easily wiped away. The protective barrier that this cleaner lays down won’t wash off and doesn’t leave a dulling film like regular cleaners.
The reflective, smooth surface is resistant to soap scum, hard water spots, mineral deposits, stains and dirt too. Make your countertops look better than they ever have with Supreme Surface Granite Cleaner.
– Sarah Lytle
3. TriNova Granite Cleaner and Polish for Daily Use
Best Granite Cleaner with Polish
4.6/5 Product Rating
Unlike regular household cleaners that can cause damage, discoloration or dulling, TriNova will keep your countertops looking beautiful and good as new.
It leaves a shine on your counters as well as taking care of any spills and messes.
Even under bright lights, your countertops will be mirror-clean.
This product also has a pleasant scent that will make your bathroom or kitchen smell great.
It contains powerful and safe cleaning agents that take care of dirt, grease, and residue easily; the polymers that are in the cleaner bond to the surface of the countertop and enhance the protective layer that keeps your countertops ready for guests.
– Sarah Lytle
Choosing the right granite cleaner is very important when it comes to keeping them as beautiful as the day they were installed. It is very important to choose a cleaner that is designed and created for granite and other stone surfaces. You want to make sure the cleaner is strong enough to make it sanitary but not so strong that is damages your surfaces.
The three products we featured above are all designed for granite as well as other types of stone countertops. Each one is created to provide plenty of strong cleaning power without the danger of harsh chemical cleaners and the problems that go along with those cleaners.
To learn more about choosing the right granite cleaner, read the buyers guide below. The information we’ve provided will help you tell a good-quality granite cleaner from one that is not adequate for your needs. The right information will ensure that you make a great selection that will keep your countertops sparkling like new.
4. Black Diamond
7. Formula 409
9. Better Life
10. Granite CPR
Granite Cleaner Buying Guide
Getting into the habit of cleaning your granite and using a good granite sealer will make your countertops last for decades. There are many different foods that can etch or dull your granite. It is important to always use hot plates or mats under any hot dishes.
Never take something straight from the oven and place it on your granite or damage could ensue. There are certain ways that you should deal with different spills and messes to ensure that they do not damage your granite. That being said, granite is a stronger countertop than some other stones and doesn’t need the same level of care that other stones do.
Taking Care of Spills
If something gets spilled on your countertop, taking care of it is super easy. Blot the spill immediately, remembering not to wipe the area at first. Blotting prevents the spill from getting wider. Flush the area with water and use your granite cleaner on it and you’re good as new again. Make sure you dry the countertop as well.
Cleaners to Avoid and Why
- Using Glass Cleaner – glass cleaners like Windex can damage a granite countertop permanently. The damage gets caused by the dulling and pitting of the surface of the counter. It doesn’t happen immediately; it is usually done over time via extended use of glass cleaners. Glass cleaner can also damage the sealer that is on your countertops, causing it to be susceptible to stains.
- Dish Soap – You would think that something like dish soap and water would be safe to clean your counter with. This is true. However, dish soap DOES leave a residue and film that will dull your countertops and give them a milky look even if you use a towel to dry it off. Avoid soap and water and just use the granite cleaner and your kitchen counters will continue to shine.
- Home brewed recipes – Anything like water and vinegar or water and dish soap are not the appropriate ways to clean granite counter tops.
Although some may feel frustration at having to buy a specialty cleaner to keep their granite in beautiful condition, the cleaners are not very expensive, they last a long time and they work beautifully. It is much better to spend a little bit of extra money to clean rather than spending a lot of money to repair or replace the damage the general cleaners caused.
Don’t Use These Products
Never use the following to clean your granite countertops.
- Lemons or lemon juice
- Limes or lime juice
- Abrasive cleaners (like comet)
- Scratchy sponges or brillo pads
Don’t worry if you have already been using these things on your countertops. Just switch now and long term damage will be halted.
Caretaking Routine for Granite
Daily care of your countertops with the wrong product can leave streaks but if you are using the right products this isn’t something you will have to worry about. Taking care of your granite countertops is easy. Just follow the following time table.
- Daily – Use the specialty granite cleaner each night after getting the dishes washed and the counters cleared. Using the granite cleaner will sanitize and clean the counters properly with no damage. Don’t over-spray the cleaner; a little goes a long way.
- Bi- Weekly – Polishing your granite countertops should be done around every two weeks or so.
- Yearly – Once you have initially sealed the granite countertops, you should check to make sure that you don’t need to reseal them on a yearly basis. If you have used quality cleaner and they were sealed properly to begin with, you will more than likely not have to reapply the sealant for years. Do the water drop test to ensure that the sealant is intact. (put a couple of drops of water on the counter and wait 5 minutes. When the seal is in good shape, the water will bead and remain on the counter)
Don’t forget to clean the grout between any granite tiles you may have in the bathroom or back splash in the kitchen. This should also be done with a granite friendly cleaner.
When you are looking at different granite cleaners there are several things you want to ask yourself. We have listed these considerations below.
- Is the cleaner a polish also?
- Is the cleaner a sealer?
- Does the cleaner use ioSeal Protectants?
- Is the cleaner Nontoxic?
- Is the cleaner Non-acidic?
- Is the cleaner organic, natural or derived from natural ingredients?
- Does it state it is streak-free?
- Is it safe for food-prep areas?
- Is it biodegradable?
- Is it pH balanced or neutral?
- Do you need to rinse it off after using it?
- Does it cause buildup?
- How often can it be used?
- Is the brand well known?
- What do other customers have to say?
This may seem like a lot of questions to sort through granite cleaners but the majority of these questions can be answered by simply reading the bottle and sales description. It is worth it to take the time to ensure a good-quality granite cleaner that has all of the features you want – especially since granite countertops are not cheap. You want to take care of them so they look good regardless of whether it is the first day after installation, or 5 years later.
Granite cleaners are specialty cleaners that are designed for granite countertops. Most of them are also compatible with other stone countertops. It is important to use this type of cleaner when you have granite countertops in your kitchen or bathroom. Using regular cleaners and abrasives can cause a dulling film, discoloration, and even put streals on your expensive countertops.
Even though you may not notice damage or discoloration from bad products right away, it is an unnecessary chance to take when there is a simple and reliable alternative.
The three granite cleaners we have featured above are great examples of products that have the kind of features you’re looking for. They are all great cleaners that provide sanitation of the areas as well as exceptional cleaning that results in mirror-like finishes and a beautiful looking counter for years to come.
The information in this buyer’s guide was designed to help you understand the cleaning process involved in cleaning granite and other stone and how to choose the right granite cleaner for your needs.
There are some great products available so finding one that meets your needs and fits your budget will not be impossible. In fact, with this buyer’s guide and the information in it, choosing the right one will be super easy.
- Granite Gold – https://www.granitegold.com/
- Supreme Surface – https://www.supremesurfacecleaners.com/
- TriNova – https://gotrinova.com/collections/for-the-home