Diaper rash is not a new problem, nor is it an uncommon one. There are many reasons that babies can get diaper rash. When diaper rash is left untreated it can become quote painful and serious, causing damage to the skin and a lot of pain to your baby. The faster you start treating a diaper rash, the faster their skin will heal and be back to normal. All three of these top diaper rash creams have been extensively researched and compared against each other and many other rash treatments that are popular with consumers on the basis of performance, results, the ease to clean it off during a diaper change and re-apply it, natural ingredients, and more.
Diaper Rash Cream Reviews
Diaper Rash reasons include remaining in a wet or dirty diaper for too long, excessive moisture such as sweating in the diaper area and wearing damp clothing, allergic reactions to foods and more.
Having a good method and product to take care of diaper rash right away makes a difference in how long your baby has to suffer. In addition to healing, most diaper rash creams are excellent at preventing diaper rash by creating a barrier between the skin and wet or messy diapers that can immediately break down the skin and cause rashes.
1. Triple Paste
Best Overall Diaper Rash Cream
Triple Paste Diaper Rash Cream for Baby - 16 Oz Tub - Zinc Oxide Ointment Treats, Soothes and Prevents Diaper Rash - Pediatrician-Recommended Hypoallergenic Formula with Soothing Botanicals
13 new from $31.94
as of June 5, 2023 12:31 am
When you have a baby, you want to take the best care possible of your little one. That includes having the best diaper rash cream possible on hand for preventing and curing any diaper rash your little one might get.
Triple Paste Medicated Ointment takes care of raw and irritated skin quickly, helping your baby’s skin heal and soothing them while the ointment does its job.
Triple Paste Medicated Ointment for Diaper Rash is recommended by both pediatricians and dermatologists.
It is fragrance-free and hypoallergenic too making it a great choice for babies that have sensitive skin and allergies. Your baby will feel relief right away, right after you apply the lotion.
Because of the thicker consistency of the diaper rash cream, it stays in place and creates a barrier between your baby and any wetness. Triple Paste Diaper Rash Cream offers parents positive results from using this product or they will give your money back.
Even though the diaper rash cream was designed to treat bad diaper rash, it is safe and will not hurt the baby or irritate the skin if you use it every diaper change. It is a great item to add to a baby shower gift.
– Linda Krantz
2. Desitin Maximum
Best Overall Diaper Rash Cream – Runner Up
Desitin Maximum Strength Baby Diaper Rash Cream with 40% Zinc Oxide for Treatment, Relief & Prevention, Hypoallergenic, Phthalate- & Paraben-Free Paste, 4.8 oz
20 new from $8.14
as of June 5, 2023 12:31 am
Desitin is a well known and trusted name in diaper rash cream. Desitin Maximum Strength Original Paste is the #1 choice for diaper rash creams by both mothers and Pediatricians.
Desitin Maximum Strength contains the maximum level of zinc oxide which forms a protective barrier between your baby’s skin and the wetness so it can start to heal right away.
It soothes the rawness and pain right away as well. This wonder cream is super thick, stays in place and is hypoallergenic as well.
You will notice a difference and improvement overnight. Parents can’t get a stronger diaper rash cream than Desitin Maximum Strength without getting a prescription.
Diaper rash is not uncommon and fortunately it is almost always an easily treatable condition. Desitin Maximum Strength diaper rash cream makes it even easier by creating that super barrier that allows the baby’s skin to heal without becoming re-irritated again and again.
You can use Desitin Maximum Strength Diaper Rash Cream at every diaper change safely, without causing any problems for your little one’s sensitive skin.
– Linda Krantz
3. Era Organics
Best Budget Diaper Rash Cream
Era Organics Baby Diaper Balm - Extra Soothing and Nourishing USDA Organic Diaper Cream for Dry, Sensitive Skin. All Natural Baby Balm to Help Excess Moisture, Rash and Chafing Baby Ointment
as of June 5, 2023 12:31 am
Your baby will experience instant, long term relief from any diaper rashes with the USDA certified Organic Soothing Diaper Rash Treatment from era organics that is designed for babies with sensitive skin.
There are no hidden toxins in this diaper rash cream. The ingredients included in this soothing diaper rash cream include Sunflower Oil, Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Chamomile, Calendula and more.
The organic ingredients in this soothing diaper rash treatment help parents protect and repair such conditions as seborrhea dermatitis, baby eczema, diaper rash and more. It will also reduce the chances of chaffing and irritation as well. The gentle, hypoallergenic cream protects babies from inflammation, moisture, infection and irritation.
You won’t have to worry about toxins, parabens, SLS, alcohol, mineral oil, petrolatum and other ingredients known to be damaging to skin, especially the sensitive skin that babies have. It is also antibacterial and anti fungal as also.
– Linda Krantz
Summary of Our Top Picks
When diaper rash is left untreated it can become quote painful and serious, causing damage to the skin and a lot of pain to your baby. All three of these top diaper rash creams have been extensively researched and compared against each other and many other rash treatments that are popular with consumers.These were compared on the basis of performance, read the buyer’s guide below, results, easy to clean, all-natural, and more. Read the buyer’s guide below for even more information on diaper rash creams.
Diaper Rash Cream Buying Guide
What is a Diaper Rash Cream?
Diapers rashes are not uncommon, nor do they have to be severe. Having a good diaper rash cream on hand helps parents prevent diaper rash as well as treat occurrences that have already happened. If a baby isn’t changed enough or they have an allergic reaction to a food they’ve eaten, they can get a diaper rash.
Selecting the right diaper rash cream can be difficult with all of the choices available. You should know a little bit about them including what they can do and what ingredients are in them will help make this decision much easier.
The purpose of this buyer’s guide is to provide you with the information you need to make an informed choice that will be good for your baby. Below we have listed the important features and characteristics that you should look for in a diaper rash cream.
- Fast results – You want to choose a diaper rash cream that customers are reporting has fast results. The faster the diaper rash cream works, the faster your baby will feel better and not be cranky and in pain. Check the product reviews and see what customers are saying that have purchased it and are using it. If a cream takes a long time to work, your baby will have to be in pain a lot longer than they need to be. A good diaper rash cream will have noticeable results within 24 hours.
- Provides a Barrier against Wetness – Most diaper rashes are caused by excessive moisture and wetness being in contact with your baby’s skin for long periods of time. Sitting in wet or messy diapers, even for an hour can cause a rash. Allergies to food can also cause diaper rash if the baby has a bad reaction to it. Make sure that the diaper rash cream you choose provides an effective barrier between your baby’s skin and the wetness that can cause rashes.
- Works on Bad Rashes – If the diaper rash your baby has is significant, you should check with your pediatrician to make sure they don’t need a prescription diaper rash ointment. If the rash is bad but not prescription serious, you will want to find a diaper rash cream that is designed to take care of the more serious rashes. There are many brands of diaper rash cream that are very good for serious rashes. The creams we have featured above are created to be good for bad rashes as well as prevention as well.
- Pediatrician Recommended – This means that pediatricians have named the specific brand you are looking at, as a good product for taking care of diaper rashes. Many products have pediatrician recommended on the label, so you should also look at reviews to verify the quality and performance that the diaper rash cream provides.
- Natural Ingredients – Parents are sensitive to the fact that they don’t want to put something on their baby that has a lot of potentially harmful chemicals in it. Looking for products that have natural ingredients in them is the ideal way to find a good diaper rash cream. Natural ingredients are safe for your baby and don’t usually irritate or negatively affect the skin even on babies with sensitive skin.
- Anti-Fungal/Anti-Bacterial – It is important to look for products that are antibacterial, antifungal and hypoallergenic. These provide the best results with little to no worrisome effects on your baby. These features will be posted on the bottle, jar, or tube. Another benefit of an anti-fungal cream is that it will take care of rashes that are caused by bacteria or germs, whereas those that are not antifungal will not be able to get rid of those kinds of diaper rashes.
- Vitamin Ingredients – Ingredients like vitamin E, vitamin B5 and others are very beneficial for your baby’s skin. This is part of the process that your baby’s skin needs to heal from having a diaper rash. Look for products that have vitamins in it.
- Medicated Creams – Medicated creams are not all bad. Zinc Oxide is one of the major ingredients that are in good quality diaper rash creams. In many creams it is the zinc oxide that is the medicated part of the product. Zinc Oxide will not harm your baby and creates a powerful barrier between their skin and wetness so your baby’s skin can heal.
- Lanolin – This ingredient is well known and used for repairing the damaged skin. It is found in many creams for that express purpose. Lanolin is very soothing and gentle for your baby’s skin and will not only help repair it, it will help KEEP it soft and smooth as well. Lanolin can be used on cloth diapered babies as well.
- Hydrocortisone – This is not an ingredient that should ever be used alone to treat diaper rash. If your baby’s skin is very sensitive, hydrocortisone can cause more damage. It does reduce inflammation and when combined used as a base with other ingredients, you can have a great diaper rash cream.
How to Treat Diaper Rash
When your baby develops a rash, it is important to tackle it right away with the proper treatment. Below we have the steps that you should do to take care of your baby’s diaper once you have chosen the right cream.
- Clean the baby’s skin properly – Your baby’s skin should stay clean and dry as much of the time as possible. One of the ways to achieve this is to minimize the time that your baby spends in a wet or dirty diaper. As soon as you know your baby has a wet or dirty diaper, they should be changed.Changing the baby’s diaper properly means getting the dirty diaper off, wiping the baby clean, drying them properly and then adding a layer of diaper rash cream, even if the baby doesn’t have a rash. This creates a barrier that will prevent diaper rash from happening.If your baby is under the weather and has diarrhea or already has a rash, you will need to change them more often. If they have a rash already, pat the skin to clean it, do not rub. For messy babies, rinsing them off in the sink and PATTING them dry will work much better.
- Dry the diaper area properly – Once your baby is dry (remember to pat, not rub) then they are ready to have the diaper rash cream applied. If the baby has a rash currently and is young enough not to be crawling or moving around, allow them to go without a diaper to let the area air dry. Be certain, if you are drying them, that you get the creases of the groin dry as well and apply the cream there as well.
- Apply the Diaper Rash Cream – Applying a good quality diaper rash cream is important in the treatment and healing of your baby’s skin but it is also a critical step in preventing diaper rash from appearing. Apply a relatively thick layer when you are putting the baby down to bed at night.
Diaper rash is extremely unpleasant and painful for your baby. Having the right diaper rash cream right there, ready to get started treating the rash is very important as a parent. The longer your baby’s rash goes without treatment, the worse it will get.
Having the right information on which diaper rash cream is high quality and which are not is important in making the right decision. Our buyer’s guide and the reviews of the top diaper rash creams are all designed to provide you with the confidence and knowledge to sort through all of the choices and decide on the diaper rash cream that will be the best for your baby.
- Triple Paste – http://www.triplepaste.com/
- Desitin – http://www.desitin.com/
- Era Organics – http://www.eraorganics.com