Beard Trimmer Reviews
Bread Trimmers are not designed to provide a close shave; they are for trimming and keeping facial hair of all kinds trimmed and looking good. Depending on the level you use, they can even be used to create a close cut “5 o’clock shadow” look.
There are several factors that you will want to take into consideration when it comes to choosing the right beard trimmer for your needs. Price is, of course, one factor that you will want to keep in mind. Other things include the battery life the device has, ease of use, portability, features it has, the type of power it uses and how easy it is to clean.
This guide will help you learn what things to look at when you are researching different models which will make the selection process much easier. We’ll go over these things and more as well as bringing you three of the top rated beard trimmers on the market so you can make an informed decision and choose the perfect beard trimmer for your specific needs and preferences.
Best Overall Beard Trimmer
5/5 Product Rating
It is the perfect beard trimming tool for every guy, allowing for quick work for stubble, beards, and goatees so they have the exact look you want.
The lifetime blades are super sharp for detailing and styling the facial hair easily.
It is fully washable and can be cleaned under running water. The dual battery allows for constant power that provides a full 50 minutes of trimming power.
It features two trimming combs that are detachable and have 25 length settings to choose from. This provides the perfect trim you are looking for every time effortlessly.
It trims easily and stays close to the curves of your face so you get the close trim you want.
It offers both corded and cordless operation which provides the kind of flexibility you need for any situation. There is a charging LED light that changes to indicate charging status.
– Linda Krantz
Best Overall Beard Trimmer – Runner Up
4.8/5 Product Rating
The housing for the trimmer is contoured and fits easily and comfortably in your hand.
The 8 foot cord is heavy duty and provides plenty of room to take care of the trimming work that you want to do.
The magnetic motor stays cool and runs quietly as well.
The blades are made from high quality carbon steel and have been specially designed and hardened so they last a good long time.
The Outliner is good for all over outlining and any kind of fading looks and the T blade works well for trimming mustaches, necks, goatees, beards and doing edging as well.
It is an ideal trimmer for dry shaving without causing irritation.
– Linda Krantz
Best Budget Bread Trimmer
4.4/5 Product Rating
This mustache, beard and stubble trimmer is a quality device that comes with 3 precision blades for stubble, goatee and beard.
There are 9 length settings to choose from to accommodate any length of beard or goatee.
The self-sharpening blades are titanium coated for maximum strength. This device is powered by lithium ion batteries that run for a full 120 minutes on a full charge.
The trimmer is rechargeable for maximum convenience. There is also a quick release option that makes for super easy and convenient cleaning. The ergonomic shape fits easily into your hand for easy handling.
The wide blade works great for delivering a quick and efficient trim job. The detail blade is perfect for finishing work, especially in tight spots.
The precision ground blades provide a superior cut that surpasses the stamped blades performance. This device is perfect for a gift for Christmas and comes with a two year warranty.
– Linda Krantz
If you have a goatee, beard, and/or a mustache, you want to have a good quality beard trimmer to keep it looking attractive and neat. The three beard trimmers we have reviewed above are all excellent choices for keeping your facial hair looking great. They are all high quality devices from reputable and well-respected companies.
With multiple setting options, rechargeable batteries, corded options and long lasting, sharp blades, any one of these trimmers will be exactly what you need to take care of your trimming needs. To learn more about choosing the right beard trimmer for your needs, read the buyer’s guide below. It has information on what to look for when you are shopping for the perfect beard trimmer for your specific needs.
4. Philips 3100
6. Philips 3500
7. Philips 5100
8. Remington PG6025
9. Philips 7100
Beard Trimmer Buying Guide
Things to Consider
There are several factors that you will want to take into consideration when you start the research process. We have listed the different factors below and given you some information on each factor so you understand what you are looking for and comparing.
- Price – Price is one of the most important factors to look at when you are researching beard trimmers. It is important to have a budget in mind when you start looking around. What is more important than the specific price is the value you are getting for that price. Buying a really inexpensive trimmer isn’t saving you anything if it breaks in a few weeks and you have to replace it often. Also remember that a high price doesn’t always mean a high quality product. Price is just one factor to keep in mind as you are looking at the different models that are available.
- Brand Name – Purchasing a beard trimmer that is made by a well known manufacturer gives you a greater chance of choosing a product that is going to last. It is much safer than purchasing an unknown. This goes for all kinds of products, especially electronic devices of all kinds. Many people refuse to try a brand unless it has proven itself in some way. A larger, well-established company has paid its dues building relationships with its consumers. Almost always a large company will have a good quality product that you can rely on. Another benefit to purchasing a product from a large manufacturer is that replacement parts, should they be necessary, are much easier to locate.
- Battery Power vs. Corded – Battery powered beard trimmers are a lot more convenient to use than their corded counterparts. They are also more flexible. You won’t have to worry about any cords getting in the way while you are using it. Many cordless beard trimmers are waterproof which gives the user the option of using them in the shower. They are also easy to clean and can be rinsed off under the faucet. Make sure that the beard trimmer states plainly that it can be used in the shower before doing this.A couple of cons to the cordless beard trimmers are that they are not as powerful as trimmers with cords. The higher power results in an easier trim without hair pulling that can occur with less powerful models.
- Charge Level Indicator Light – The majority of beard trimmers have one or two LED indicators that let you know when the device needs to be charged. This might be a flashing red or yellow light. There also might be a light that indicates it is fully charged. The benefit to this indicator light is that you will always know what the battery level is and when to charge the trimmer so you are not caught with a dead battery.
- # of Speeds – Some beard trimmers may offer different speeds. Depending on the model it may have just one speed or it may have several speeds in which to choose from.
- Length Settings – This is another feature that will vary from model to model. Some trimmers have a few setting choices and others have as many as 25 different length settings to choose from. The benefit to numerous length settings is that it allows you to choose from one time to the next how long you want your beard, goatee, stubble or mustache to be.
- Trimming other Areas – If you want to trim other facial hair, eyebrows, or even body or leg hair look for a trimmer that can handle other trimming tasks. This will be accomplished through guards, guides and attachments.
- Accessories – Beard trimmers come with many different accessories that can be really handy to have on hand. Storage pouches or cases, a beard trimmer stand, interchangeable guards and more are all accessories that you can get with different models of beard trimmers. Some have cleaning brushes as well. The description of the beard trimmer will let you know what accessories come with it.
- Blade Maintenance – Some beard trimmers have little to no maintenance that needs to be done but this will vary from trimmer to trimmer. Sometimes maintenance can be as little as taking the guard off and emptying the hair trimmings out. Waterproof trimmers can be rinsed off right underneath the tap which is super simple. One of the most important forms of maintenance is adding oil to the blade to keep it in great condition. Unless the description states no blade oil is needed, this is one of the maintenance steps you will need to do on a regular basis.
- Length of time to charge – Some beard trimmers can take as long as 15 hours to charge. This is not very convenient at all and can leave you without a beard trimmer. If you don’t use your trimmer very often this won’t be a problem, but if you trim your goatee, beard or mustache daily, you will want to find a model that charges in much a shorter time frame.
- Runtime – This is another factor that will vary from trimmer to trimmer. If you travel a lot you want to look for a trimmer that has a good runtime. Battery operated trimmers can give as much as 120 minutes of straight running time but you will need to check for the model or models you are interested in.
- Longevity of the Trimmer – How long your beard trimmer will last will depend on several factors; the durability of the construction, the quality of the product, and how you maintain it. If you are diligent about taking care of the trimmer, it can last a long time. Look for models that have warranties which can help if something goes wrong with it soon after you get it. The stronger and more durable trimmers will be made from metal and plastic with guards that are made of hard plastic. All plastic beard trimmers can be good if they are from a reputable company, but pay attention to the comments customers are leaving about the device.
If you have facial hair of any kind, you will love the convenience and ease that having a good quality beard trimmer brings you. It is much easier to maintain a beard, goatee, or mustache when you have the proper tools to keep it trimmed and neat looking. With all of the choices on the market, sorting through them all can be a challenge and maybe more than just a little overwhelming.
By using the information in this guide and looking at the models that are featured above, you have the best chance of choosing the perfect beard trimmer because you will have the knowledge of what to look for. With all of the choices available, there is a beard trimmer that will work for every situation and desired result.
- Andis – https://andis.com/
- Remington – http://www.remingtonproducts.com/
- Braun – http://us.braun.com/en-us