NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Review
What it does
The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 follows the same sleek design standards for all Nighthawk series. With Wi-Fi speeds recorded at 1750Mbps with 450Mbps speed on its 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps speed on its 5GHz band, deeming this router as fast is far from an exaggeration. The Netgear Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 is another great router for gamers but we won’t focus much on it in this Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 review.
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router, Smart Parental Controls, Compatible with Amazon Alexa (R7000)Price: $148.90Was: $189.99
It has external antennae which help spread good connectivity around the home or office space, and it has a 1GHz dual-processor which aids wired and wireless performances while its Beam-forming+ supports and fully optimize cell phone speeds.
Our Top Wireless Router Picks
We have reviewed a list of the Best Gaming Wireless Routers here. Check to see how the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 stacks up.
Things to note about the Netgear Nighthawk AC1750:
- The NETGEAR Nighthawk has a feature called Wi-Fi MultiMedia (WMM) that you can use for either the 2.4GHz or the 5GHz bands or both.
- This feature gives priority to multimedia (video and audio) streams; the router is said to also optimize upstream internet traffic for activities such as gaming and then downstream traffic for others like video streaming. The Asus RT-AC88U delivers 5334Mbps for High-Performance Gaming (link takes you to the product page)
- The enhanced QoS (Quality 0f Service) enables shorter buffer time and streams videos much faster.
- You can use the USB 3.0 port as a replacement for a Network-Attached Storage (NAS).
Who needs AC1750?
Due to its range, the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 is suitable for large homes and office spaces. Its network speeds allow for real gaming experiences and high-quality video streaming.
Specifications and features of the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750
- The AC1750 is IPv6 Compatible –
This is the next-generation sender and receiver address for your device.
- It has four wired LAN ports, excluding a WAN port.
This means you can connect as much as four devices into it using a wired connection.
- The router has a parental control feature.
Allows you to limit the internet access of your kids.
Other Features of the Netgear AC1750
- The networking options the router provides are 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n (2.4+5GHz Dual Band), 802.11ac draft.
- It has a WiFi range that can cover large homes.
- It has Beam-forming+ which boosts speed, reliability, and range of WiFi Connections for 2.4 and 5GH.
- The router has a dual band of 2GHz and 5GHz that can run simultaneously.
- The router comes with five Ethernet ports.
- It comes with one USB port.
- The router has a Dual Core Processor.
- It has advanced features for lag-free gaming.
- It has high powered amplifiers and antennas that extend wifi coverage.
- It features an upstream and downstream QoS for a better gaming and video streaming experience.
- It has free automatic backup software for Windows PC.
it has a Customized free URL for setting up a personal FTP server.
- The router has VPN support.
- It is 100% faster for mobile devices.
- The router features DoS (Denial-of-Service) attack prevention and double firewall protection.
- The router weighs 1.65lbs and has dimensions of 11.22 x 7.26×1.97 inches.
- It comes with three detachable antennas, an Ethernet cable, a quick install guide and a power adapter.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 has a one-year limited hardware warranty.
How to set up the AC1750
Setting up this router is relatively easy as it comes with an installation guide that outlines in detail every step required in the setting up of the device together with clear instructions that are easy to understand and follow.
What We Liked
- The AC1750 has a sleek and attractive design.
- It has exceptional Range due to Beam-forming. With this router, you will definitely get the signal outside of your apartment and down in the basement.
- It comes with an excellent QoS.
- The router is VPN supported.
- Comes with an instant guest network so they don’t get to stay on your private network when they visit your apartment.
- With this router, you can disable almost all of the on-unit LED lights.
- Uses the latest wireless standard which is 3X faster than wireless N while still supporting the older wireless stuff.
What We Didn’t Like
- It has unsatisfactory throughput speeds on the 2GHz band.
- It slowly applies the changes made in settings.
- The Bridge mode configuration is also inadequate.
Packed with some features like its high QoS full VPN and its attractive exterior design, the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 has a lot going for it.
Although the slower than expected 2 GHz band and its frustrating bridge mode configuration could dampen the high spirits gotten from its other good qualities, its high-quality range, and throughput speeds would make this router an excellent addition to the home.
66,139 total views, 9 views today