The average woman just wants to wake up flawless- wrinkle, acne, dark patches, acne scars, blackheads, dry skin- free and that is not too much to ask, or is it? The day to day bustle, mixed with constant air pollution our skin is exposed to prevent us from getting a flawless skin. To revert the damage of air pollution, bad sunburn, and other unhealthy factors messing our skin up, a good skin care regimen must be followed, religiously.
But, is 7 days enough to obtain an awesome, flawless glowing skin? Well, damn straight, it is! A simple solution is to follow a strict skincare routine, developed specifically for your skin type and adhering to a healthy diet. Keep reading to get your skin right in 7 days!
Glowing Skin in a Week
Glowing Skin Day 1: CTM
Due to free radicals such as air pollution, x-rays, cigarette smoking, ozone, fried foods, and industrial chemicals, our bodies age over time; therefore, the need to cleanse, tone and moisturize the body as often as possible cannot be overemphasized.
- Cleansers are designed to unclog your pores, it is the perfect substitute to soaps which dry out the skin, stripping it of its natural oil. Cleansing rids the skin of grime, dirt, and pollution that accumulates on the skin. It is the first and most important step.
- Toning restores the natural pH balance of the skin and closes the pores that were open during cleansing.
- The last step is to moisturize. Find a moisturizer that suits your skin type. It is important that you use products that cater to either dry, oily or combination skin. This gives your skin all the nourishment and vital antioxidant it needs.
Opt for natural toners that contain green tea or rose water. Always moisturize your skin when it is damp, this keeps the water inside the skin, if you have dry skin, choose moisturizers that are heavy while oily skin or combination skin need oil-free moisturizers.
Glowing skin Day 2: Healthy Nutrients
Your skin craves nutrients in form of vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals. The second day is the perfect time to load up on healthy nutrients, by consuming organic and natural foods and fruits.
- A healthy diet composed of fruits and vegetables can have a positive effect on the skin. Foods that contain unhealthy amounts of carbohydrates and sugar will ultimately lead to breakouts and cause you to add weight.
- Walk into your local supermarket and pick up avocados, fatty fish-salmon, mackerel and herring, walnuts, sunflower seeds, sweet potatoes, and broccoli to give you a natural boost as well as healthy glowing skin. Also, important is to stay hydrated; drink as much as 8 cups of water per day.
- Combine this with your CTM routine, using natural fruit masks like banana for dry skin and strawberry for oily skin. These would brighten up your skin.
Glowing Skin Day 3: Exfoliate
On the third day, we exfoliate. Switch from your cleansers to an exfoliating face scrub. This will remove any dry and dead skin cells on the surface of the skin and increase blood circulation which gives you are healthy glowing skin.
- Like the CTM routine, exfoliating needs to be followed up by a toner and moisturizer to keep the new layer of skin hydrated.
- Face masks can be applied to your skin after exfoliation, especially masks that contain Vitamins E and C. these vitamins will soak into the inner layers of the skin easily.
- Use sunscreen to protect the skin from dangerous UV rays, which damage the skin and potentially age you.
Glowing Skin Day 4: Relax with A Clay or Mud Mask
On the fourth day, treat yourself to a clay or mud mask depending on your skin type.
- Mud masks are good for dry skin because mud is water-based; hence, it hydrates the skin rather than drying it out.
- Clay, however, is great for oily skins prone to breaking out. It speeds up the healing process and exfoliates the skin from dirt.
- Follow up with the regular CTM routine.
Glowing Skin Day 5: Massage
Treat yourself to a home-based face massage. After cleansing, toning, and moisturizing your face, use Aloe Vera gel to improve blood circulation.
- Get rid of under eye circles by staying hydrated and well rested; also, use natural oils like Vitamin E or retinol and warm tea bags that contain caffeine.
- Hydrate the skin by applying sandalwood oil to your CTM routine.
Glowing skin Day 6: Exfoliate, Again
Exfoliate twice a week to get rid of toxins. This keeps your skin healthy and fresh as it unclogs the pores. follow the routine of day 3 and finish up with toning and moisturizing. Throughout this routine, be sure to stay hydrated with water, smoothies, and soups.
Glowing Skin Day 7: Fruity Facial
- By day 7, you should be used to the skin care routine of cleansing, toning, and moisturizing; as well as exfoliating.
- Drinking 7-8 cups of water should be done to maintain the suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
If you followed these steps religiously, you should have a healthy glowing skin by the seventh day. Continue to care for your skin even after the 7th day by incessantly cleansing, toning, and most especially, hydrating the skin by moisturizing it. Incorporate a luxurious face mask routine into your skin care regimen, mindful of ingredients like retinol and other organic oils for healthier, radiant skin!
34,676 total views, 10 views today