12 BEST WIRELESS ROUTERS
Without wasting much of your time, I am sure the reasons why we want to get a router is because we have a lot of devices that are Wi-Fi capable and we wish to distribute internet among them or connect them via a network to share files and other information.
With the advent of technology, several routers have made themselves available in the industry, the top 12 of which we would be reviewing today. But before we begin the review, we would like to bring to your attention some of the things you need to take into consideration before you go into the market to purchase your router.
If you want a router, there are some factors you must first consider –
a.) Speed of the Router
This is the most basic function of every router, the speed it offers. This speed shouldn’t hinder the functionality of the Internet but must accentuate it. Also what’s the ease of connections from Wi-Fi enabled devices to the router and what’s the speed of set up of the router. General router speed is measured in Mbps. So you might want to keep an eye on this. On the average, routers offering 1500 Mbps is the least you need, do not go below this.
We know this point is a little captain obvious right? But walk with us, as we out this in perspective. After isolating the speed of the router, you also want to know if you’ve got enough finance to meet the said speed. You also want to know of the speed you’re getting is equivalent to your money’s worth. Now if you require very high grade routers and you don’t have enough money for it, you’ve got to settle for something that offers just as close and is quite affordable. So yeah, there you have it.
c.) The Size
While you want a router, you don’t want an item to seat upon your space and look like an unwelcomed guest, now do you? You don’t want one that’s so large it can’t fit snuggly on your table. And even if after you’ve sorted out the speed of the router you desire and you’ve sorted out the price – size becomes another issue. You spend money to get convenience, not to get inconvenienced by an item such as a router. Many high grade routers are decently sized; some are humongous at least in our perspective. It is wise you know and choose your poison.
Now you’ve got a router, if you’re lucky enough, the size is okay, the speed is satisfactory, and of course it’s something within budget. Now comes the durability part. What if you get the router and it slips and falls from the position you set it? Don’t you want to be assured that your money hasn’t gone down the drain or out the window? Durability naturally follows. Your router must be sturdy and strong. When you get it, it’s usually nice to handle the package and see the item for yourself before paying or I’m the event where that is not even possible, read though reviews of sites where the router has been spoken about. How consistent were the customers opinion of the longevity of the router positive? If they were not, then you need to abandon ship mate. ASAP.
e.) The support from the Manufacturer
This is something most people just overlook. Yeah you just want the item; the manufacturer has nothing to do with you, except of course just how remarkable a brand he is or his track records of success or excellence in that field. If there’s anything dealing with routers has thought us, the back up support from the manufacturer is often a strong determining factor between an enjoyable experience and one that socks. Many times you want to know that you’ve got customer care officials and a ready to assist helpline from the manufacturer should in case you encounter any untoward problems during your installation, set up, or even usage of the router. This is also a very improvement thing to note when working purchasing other technical items too and not just for routers.
f.) Aesthetics and design
Lastly, aesthetics and design. We want to know that the router we bought is beautiful and can fit snuggly into our living rooms or office spaces or where ever it is we want them placed. We want to know that it sits well and blends into the environment, its colors are also warm and when not warm, they do not mess up or distract us as we game or live stream our favorite channels. We noticed that routers which are sleek or futuristic in design were always attractive. And also if they were colored dark with red or burgundy trimmings, or a glossy white, it always stood out.
Best Wireless Router Reviews
1.) ASUS RT-AC88U
A lot of you will be familiar with the ASUS brand as makers of new age pristine laptops and of course the makers of high-quality gaming hardware. But did you know that ASUS is also a giant when it comes to the production of routers? Well if you didn’t, now you do. Our first pick for today is one of such routers, a router we found amazing to work with – the ASUS RT-AC88U.
With a design that reminds us of a sci-fi game or a cool looking decepticon robot off the Transformers’ franchise, the ASUS RT-AC88U is beautifully designed in deep dark mysterious black color with red highlights along the antennas and weighs 2.6 lbs., with 8 Gigabit LAN ports that deliver high-speed internet access without any performance glitches. It also comes with Wireless Comm. technology of 802.11 b/g/n.
Set up, Installation and Performance
Installing the ASUS RT-AC88U is pretty much a walk in the park. Just connect it to your internet enabled computer and power it on. The amazing web interface of the router automatically launches, giving you two options to proceed with configuring – continue with Wizard or configure manually. It is faster to configure with wizard as depending on your kind of internet access, it basically configures the ASUS RT-AC88U router to Dynamic IP, Static IP or PPPoE. All that’s left after this is for you to create a network encryption key for each band and voila!
- The 8 Gigabit LAN ports provided with the ASUS RT-AC88U is amazing as it has the ability to handle and work under any conditions, no matter how fast the internet became.
- Totally in love with the ease of installation of the ASUS RT-AC88U. This was aided by the sublime web interface.
- The web interface provided by this router is one of the best we have ever used.
- The overall performance of the router is one of the best we have experienced.
- We tried attaching an external HDD and using the router as a NAS. Oh well, the ASUS RT-AC88U gave the only mediocre performance for the price you are paying for it.
If you are serious about getting a router that outperforms – Get this!
2.) NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000 – AC1900 DUAL BAND ROUTER
CHECK PRICE ON AMAZON
Coming from a brand famous for its range of brilliant routers and top class networking hardware, the NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000 – AC1900 DUAL BAND ROUTER comes with 4 LAN ports, but weighs 3.5 pounds, with a wireless comm. Of 802.11ac. designed to spear as a nighthawk, the router comes dark black colored like midnight
Design and Performance
Designed to give it this feeling that it can blend in any room, the router has a stealth quality to it. The NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000 – AC1900 DUAL BAND ROUTER comes with 3 detachable antennas. The NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000 – AC1900 DUAL BAND ROUTER also gives a very top notch performance, being one of the fastest routers we have used till date. It gives impeccable performance on both the 5 gigahertz and the 2.4 gigahertz bands without any glitch.
The router comes with a QoS, which allows you easily manage the quality of the upstream and downstream of your internet connection. It can also act as a very good NAS and comes quite affordably priced. The NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000 – AC1900 DUAL BAND ROUTER is also able to support DD-WT, meaning the NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000 – AC1900 DUAL BAND ROUTER can run third party frame ware based on Linux.
- The router comes with a QoS that allows you easily manage the quality of the upstream and downstream of your internet connection.
- Can act as a very good NAS.
- Comes quite affordably priced.
- It is able to support DD-WT, meaning NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000 – AC1900 DUAL BAND ROUTER can run third party frame ware based on Linux.
- The size of the router and its spacey design was something we didn’t quite like and couldn’t get quite used to.
- We have nothing wrong to say about the performance of this router, but the 2.4 gigahertz band doesn’t deliver as other routers it competes against do.
In terms of functionality, this router delivers. You might however, need to review the cons, if you can’t stand anyone of it, then you should not get this router. If you can compromise on those fronts, then by all means do.
One of the first things that caught our attention with this router was its beautiful design and build. It is hard to overlook a router that looks deep red with black accents on the 6 antennas and appears designed to look like a futuristic automobile or a drone, which ever tickles your fancy. The D-Link DIR 890L is one of the best wireless routers we have checked out from D-Link, a company with a track record for manufacturing some of the best networking products. It clocks a weight of 2.5 pounds, with 4 LAN ports and 802.11 ac wireless comm.
Range and Performance
The D-Link DIR 890L is equipped with a 1GHZ dual core and can double as a NAS through the addition of an external hard drive to it is also a tri-band router, which means that it is capable of broadcasting three different signals, which means that they host a trio of different Wi-Fi networks simultaneously. This prevents your Wi-Fi networks from hardly being congested. It offers speeds up to 3.5Gbps.
The D-Link DIR 890L also possesses smart connect technology. What this makes the router do is that at any point in time where your devices need connections, the router first checks its triband to locate the best and clearest available at any given point in time and then connects your devices to that one, hence offering the best connections possible at any given point in time.
- Without stressing it too much, this router is beautifully designed and quite sturdy and durable.
- The ease of setting it up is reminiscent to that of setting up the ASUS RT-AC88U.
- The range of the Wi-Fi provided by this router is quite impressive and fast without any glitches.
- The presence of 6 antennas gives this router a very powerful coverage range.
- Might be quite pricey for some people.
- The antennas can’t be detached, so packing this router for trips could be quite uncomfortable.
Except you want more LAN ports, the D-Link DIR 890L which has just D 4 LAN ports is a stellar router for you.
The Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6 appears to be the elder brother of the NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000 – AC1900 DUAL BAND ROUTER that we reviewed earlier, hence a lot of the cons there we didn’t quite like appears to have been eliminated or reduced in this router. For instance, its LAN port has been increased from 4 to 5 and this one is more compact in build and design than the other even though it still weighs more with a Wireless comm. Of 802.11 b/g/n/ac.
Specs and Performance
The Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6 is a tri-band router also, and you know to expect more speed from tri-band routers, as explained in the review for the D-Link DIR 890L. The above fact coupled with the compact design and with the ability of all its 6 antennas to fold with ease, makes the Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6 very remarkable and unfortunately also, quite expensive.
Though the Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6 is a wireless router, it easily doubles as a NAS if you attach an external hard drive with it. And worthy of note here is that the NAS performance of the Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6 is actually quite better than most available for the same price range.
- The hardware of the Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6 is quite powerful. To put it more in perspective, it is easily one of the most powerful hardware we have seen in a wireless router.
- The Wi-Fi is actually terrific in terms of speed anytime it is run on a 5 gigahertz band.
- The design and build of the Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6 is stellar and very durable.
- Can act as a very good NAS if connected to an external hard drive.
- The Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6 doesn’t perform as good on the 2.4 gigahertz band as it does on its 5 gigahertz.
- It is a rather expensive class of router.
Unless you’re looking for an amazing performance over the 5 GHz band, with an amazing performance as a NAS, go for something much cheaper. If not, this router is one of the best out there. Gamers would die for this router.
- Asus RT-AC3200 – Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Router
Colored black with its 6 antennas fanning out from behind it as an origami piece, the Asus RT-AC3200 – Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Router is actually a rather impressive piece of router. Weighing just 2 pounds with a wireless comm. Of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac. This pure black router is also a triband.
One really appealing thing about the Asus RT-AC3200 – Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Router is that its design puts focus on consumers’ needs, for instance, the 6 antennas, despite how cool their design is, is detachable. This is done for ease of transportation and also so the parts can be changed easily. So although the router comes quite expensive, as we shall see, its features justify this.
Set up, Installation and Performance
Amazingly, the Asus RT-AC3200 – Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Router can act as both an OpenVPN server or as a NAS (Network Attached Storage). Not surprising is also the fact that it easily performs these two very well. Also, as with the last ASUS router reviewed, the web interface of this router is very incredible and makes setting up the router easy. Although, we must point out that newcomers should just opt for the ‘continue with Wizard’ option, instead of configuring manually.
- On all tribands, the speed of the Asus RT-AC3200 – Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Router proved to be quite amazing without any glitches.
- The Asus RT-AC3200 – Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Router comes with added security features that were quite useful for those big on security.
- The Asus RT-AC3200 – Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Router Can act as a very good NAS if connected to an external hard drive, and also serve as an OpenVPN server very efficiently without any glitches.
- Containing just only 4 LAN ports, for a router that is this expensive is a huge let down.
In conclusion, most of the features of this router would not be appreciated by regular users of routers. So if you know all you need a router for is to share your data and or any of suck basic functions, getting this router is a little over the top. But for networking experts – this is a must have.
- Amped Wireless RTA2600 Anthena MU-MIMO
The Amped Wireless RTA2600 Anthena MU-MIMO is touted as the ideal router for a multi-device household. It comes equipped with a 1.4GHz Dual Core Processor manufactured by Qualcomm, 4 high gain antennas, and 16 high power amplifiers. Being extremely fast, the Amped Wireless RTA2600 Anthena MU-MIMO provides about 2.53Gbps, reducing lag and buffering to the barest minimum.
The Amped Wireless RTA2600 Anthena MU-MIMO features cutting edge MU-MIMO technology. This technology grants uninterrupted streaming for multiple devices, enabling them receive data at once.
Design, Specs and Performance
The router comes in a dimension 13 x 10.3 x 3.3 inches, clocking a weight of 2.6 pounds, which makes it quite light and we love light and very functional products. The setup, inclusive of security settings, was quite easy to do as we finished it in less than 30 minutes. This was aided through the very intuitive web interface.
It comes with the following number and type of ports; a 1 Gigabit Modem, 4 Gigabit LAN, 1 USB 2.0, and 1 USB 3.0
The design is very basic and it comes with 4 high gain antennas. The ground breaking MU-MIMO technology is the standout feature of this router as the Amped Wireless RTA2600 Anthena MU-MIMO is capable of serving data to several devices simultaneously, unlike regular routers that only deliver data to one device at a time. This feature i.e. the MU-MIMO ensures that connections on all your devices are up to three times faster.
- The item is not over weight, as it weighs just 2.6 pounds.
- It is reasonably priced.
- The Amped Wireless RTA2600 Anthena MU-MIMO is very easy to set up.
- The range of this router isn’t quite as impressive as we thought it would be.
- We noticed that you need to restart the Amped Wireless RTA2600 Anthena MU-MIMO every now and then to maintain connections. It is very inconveniencing and tasking.
- Very basic design.
This system errors present in the Amped Wireless RTA2600 Anthena MU-MIMO especially the fact that it needed restarting after several few days of working fine is truly a turn off. We don’t recommend this router.
- Apple AirPort Extreme Dual-Band
As far as designs go, we all know that apple remains at the forefront of pushing the idea. The Apple AirPort Extreme Dual-Band is not left behind by this concept. Looking a refreshing sleek white with no antenna immediately visible, the Apple AirPort Extreme Dual-Band is a beautiful router to behold.
But enough for the design let us go into some details of the dimensions of this product. Firstly, offering 802.11n Wi-Fi access, the Apple AirPort Extreme Dual-Band is dimensioned 6.6 inches in height, 3.9 in the width and 3.85 inches as the base. It is quite easy to set up for Mac and iOS devices.
Design, features and Performance
Running on a mac hardware platform, the Apple AirPort Extreme Dual-Band weighs 2.1 pounds but it’s shipped at 2.6 pounds.
Being a sixth generation Apple Airport Extreme Base Station, the Apple AirPort Extreme Dual-Band features simultaneous dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi support that enables it operate simultaneously at 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies. We also noticed that the numbers of antennas have also increased to six – three for the 2.4GHz band and three for the 5GHz band, all located at the top of the device. These antennas support the 802.11ac wireless technology to aid a much faster and father connection.
The Apple AirPort Extreme Dual-Band is also deliberately designed to be vertical not only to improve the Wi-Fi performance, but also so it is minimalistic and doesn’t occupy too much space in your environment.
- The design of the Apple AirPort Extreme Dual-Band is totally cool and amazing.
- It is so easy to set this router up, just as easy as setting a password for an email plus it comes absent of distracting and annoying blinking lights that most routers come with. By default, everything you would want set is set.
- It is very durable – I mean it’s an Apple item!
- It is indeed quite fast.
- Its Wi-Fi signal range is quite large.
- Found some difficulty in connecting this modem to our internet coax cable.
It is definitely a must have but comes at a price of almost $300. You know how Apple products are a little over the top.
- TP-Link AC1900 Wireless Wi-Fi Router – Long Range, High Powered, Dual Band, Gigabit (Archer C9)
The TP-Link AC1900 Wireless WI-Fi Router – Long Range, High Powered, Dual Band, Gigabit, more simply called the Archer C9, is an impressive router dimensioned 13.2 x 3.9 x 9.5 inches and weighing just 3 pounds. It has a CPU of 1GHz Dual-Core, three detachable high performance external antennas, 1 USB 3.0 and 1 USB 2.0. It comes ultra slim.
The Beamforming technology of this router enables a stronger connection for it, this coupled with the incredible 1GHz dual-core processor and the Archer C9 can handle simultaneously, wired and wireless connections without interruptions
Set up, Installation and Performance
The Wireless AC router creates high-speed dual-band Wi-Fi speeds up to 1900 Mbps and increases total throughput up to 430% faster. Now, you can stream in 4K and game online without interruption on your Xbox, PlayStation, PC or Mac.
The Archer C9 also lets you assign priority to your favorite online activities through QoS, so you never have to worry about lag when you’re gaming and streaming.
The Beamforming technology enables the unit dual band antennas easily locate Wi-Fi devices and focus signals towards them, instead of simply broadcasting these signals in all directions at once. Streamlining signals like this makes them more powerful.
- Don’t know if it is the white color or the way the router stands, but the design is also very appealing.
- TP-LINK offers an impressive 24/7 technical support to assist you with setup and configuration.
- Set up is figuratively a breeze.
- You almost never have to ever reset the router once it gets operational.
- The Beam forming technology present in this router helped expand its connection.
- When you do a firmware update, the Archer C9 usually wipes out your entire configuration. This was not a good experience and although backing up your configuration in your PC helps restore them after the upgrade, it was such a terrible experience the first time.
The processor speed isn’t the fastest we have encountered for other products of its grade, but it is a plus because of its Beamforming technology.
- TP-Link Archer C7 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (AC1750)
With six antennas, (three external and three internal antennas) dedicated to sending a powerful Wi-Fi signal through its area of coverage, the TP-Link Archer C7 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (AC1750) is pretty decent. The external antennas are also easy to adjust so you can focus Wi-Fi towards rooms that need it most.
But one defining feature of the Archer C7 is its formidable processor, able to balance online gaming, download files, stream movies and share media while the impressive processor seamlessly runs each Wi-Fi band, every connection and all of the router’s hardware and software. It is a dual band, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, which deliver close to 1750 Mbps of ultra-fast Wi-Fi speed, allowing all your devices to connect to your home network at once.
Specs and Performance
It comes with a total bandwidth of 1.75Gbps, which includes 450Mbps at 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps at 5GHz. The TP-Link Archer C7 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (AC1750) has a wireless comm. Of 802.11ac – and of course, it can be connected to extra devices.
Its dual USB Ports enable you share your files & media, and also printer locally with other networked devices or remotely via FTP server. It also has an easy one-touch WPA wireless security encryption with the WPS button.
Easy Setup Assistant with multi-language support provides a quick & hassle free installation process.
- Free Lifetime Support from the World’s #1 Consumer Wi-Fi Company
- You don’t need to be tech savvy to setup and install this router.
- Price wise, this router is actually very cheap.
- Its processor is a single core.
- Doesn’t support Beam forming.
- Its range isn’t that great.
- A very average device. Unless your budget is really tight, we don’t advise you go for this.
- TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router
Another router from TP-Link, the TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router comes in a dimension of 5.5 x 7.9 x 1.1 inches and weighs just 1.6 pounds, which is pretty cool, but we noticed that while we are a stickler for lightness, the product was not quite durable. At a glance, the TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router features a 3 x 3 MIMO which supports lag-free videos, online gaming, and adequately takes care of all essential needs, up to 450Mbps over 2.4GHz.
Equipped with a wireless N (802.11n) technology that operates 15X faster than regular wireless G (802.11g) and three 5dBi with far reaching capabilities for improved wireless performance and stability. For more specs and performance, check below.
More Specs and Performance
The TP-Link, the TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router comes with wireless N speed up to 450 Mbps, which is very ideal for bandwidth-intensive tasks like high definition video streaming, VoIP, and online gaming. Although not compatible with phone line internet. As earlier stated, its 802.11n technology is 15X faster with five times the range of a 802.11g.
It also comes with four Fast Ethernet ports that enables you seamlessly share files, videos, music, and images over your network. You can also set limits on when and how devices can connect to the internet using this device. It achieves this with IP based bandwidth control enabled in the device that lets you streamline the amount of bandwidth allotted to each and every device. Also you can keep children safe with parental controls on the device. You have the ability to provide every device with their own required bandwidth, set limits and control the traffic effectively with IP-Based QoS.
The three antennas enable stability and increased coverage. The TP-Link, the TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router also comes with a WPS button for one-touch wireless security encryption.
- SO SIMPLE to set up – right out of box, connect cord, plug in power, and use the SSID and password printed on the S/N label – no need to log in and do any configuration
- You can also set limits on when and how devices can connect to the internet using this device and keep children safe with parental controls.
- The TP-Link, the TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router does not support wireless printing.
- The router while comfortably light is apparently constructed very cheaply and is not durable at all.
- It is plagued by the problem of random restarts.
- After about five months after getting the device, DNS error message suddenly started popping up, preventing us from connecting to the router, no matter how many times we rebooted it.
Save your money, because despite its positives, a time will come, in the not too distant future, when this router will pack up and leave you stranded.
Although we found the colors of black and blue to be a little bit of a turn off, this router was rather decent when we tested it. Coming with a wireless comm Of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, the Linksys WRT1900ACS DD-WRT Dual-Band offers speeds up to N600 + AC1300 Mbps. Weighing just 1.77 lbs., with dimensions of 7.67 x 9.76 x 2.01 inches, the router comes with a 1.6GHz dual-core processor, designed to push data through the network at the speed of flash.
Equipped with a RAM of 512MB, it transfers data so fast, no matter how large, far quicker than its predecessors, enabling multiple users to simultaneously log on to the network and enjoy whatever it is they wish, from gaming online, streaming movies, and transferring files without lag.
With four external antennas, configured to expand your Wi-Fi coverage even in multistory buildings with improved signal strength, the Linksys WRT1900ACS DD-WRT Dual-Band also features exclusive Linksys Smart Wi-Fi with Network Map software for total home Wi-Fi control anywhere, anytime.
The Linksys WRT1900ACS DD-WRT Dual-Band is designed for several devices to connect to, using the USB 3.0 or the eSATA/USB 2.0 combo port. Now, with the eSATA port, those buyers who would rather attach an external SATA storage device can utilize the eSATA cable that comes with their storage unit and benefit from optimal data transfer speeds. The eSATA port can also be used as a USB 2.0 port.
With the Linksys WRT1900ACS DD-WRT Dual-Band, a user has the ability to, just like the TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router, prioritize devices or websites, exercise parental control over the internet, monitor network activity, allow or disallow Wi-Fi access, password networks, etc.
- The signal strength of the Linksys WRT1900ACS DD-WRT Dual-Band is great. It delivers on speed too.
- You can also set limits on when and how devices can connect to the internet using this device and keep children safe with parental controls.
- For those willing to make changes on the router, you can easily do this through their website.
- Slow, Poor, and Inconsistent Performance.
On the surface it seems like an amazing router, but the slow and inconsistent performance is what turned us off. We are certain that we have reviewed routers that are seemingly better than this.
- NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band Wi-Fi Router (R6700)
Homes of all shapes and sizes are no problem when it comes to the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band Wi-Fi Router (R6700) providing Wi-Fi coverage. This is one of the fastest Wi-Fi currently available in the market and it offers connections at very rad speeds. Security can also be maintained at an all-time high across your network when using this device, whether it’s preventing phishing & spyware or limiting access to the children, the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band Wi-Fi Router (R6700) has got you covered.
Specs and Performance
The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band Wi-Fi Router (R6700) is ideal for homes, offices or spaces with 12 or more Wi-Fi devices. It also supports Beamforming, using this feature improve range and boost speed for both the 2.4 and 5GHz devices.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band Wi-Fi Router (R6700) has speed up to 1750 Mbps, very suitable for gaming. It comes with a dual core processor and advanced QoS for lag free gaming. The USB 3.0 offers up to 10 times faster access to stored media. The high powered amplifiers and antennas help increase the Wi-Fi range.
Lastly, equipped with the NETGEAR genie app makes installation a breeze, enables easily manage your connections and control your network.
- Ease of installation and the NETGEAR genie app makes you easily fall in love with this router.
- It clocks a pretty decently high speed of 1750 Mbps.
- Any device connected to the wireless LAN could not connect to the devices directly connected to the router.
- Serious connection problems.
- With time, your network becomes very slow, categorically after using the device long enough, you notice that your 5GHz connections go from 110Mbps to a consistent .8Mbps. this is disappointing.
Don’t get something that would raise your hopes high on purchase and completely dash it four months down the line, it’s like an abusive relationship.
25,169 total views, 4 views today