Amped Wireless RTA 2600 Antenna MU-MIMO
What they do
If there were a router that, based on appearance, could be termed as a “gamer’s router” the Amped Wireless RTA 2600 would be just that. But its design is just the beginning; This device is deemed to be a high-performer.
With a dual-core Qualcomm processor of 1.4GHz lurking inside its stylish exterior and a RAM with flash storage of 512MB and 128MB for its firmware, it is not surprising to learn that the combined might of its dual-band could move up to 2.35Gbps of data with 2.4 GHz band to 600 Mbps and its 5GHz band at 1.743Gbps. The Antenna also uses beam-forming features to suit its transmissions to its clients.
It utilizes the MU-MIMO technology which aids in the distribution of bandwidth rates among multiple devices utilized in a household with many users.
Specifications and features of the RTA 2600
- The RTA 2600 is an 802.11ac/Dual Band router
- It has four removable antennas
- The router comes with four bps Lan ports and a USB 3.0 port
- It has a range of 100ft
- Its dimensions are 1.4 x 9.1 x 7.3 inches
- The router has a simultaneous 2.4 GHz/5 GHz frequency band
- It comes with a 1.4 GHz Dual Core Processor
- The RTA 2600 package includes an ATHENA high power AC2600 wifi router with MU-MIMO, four removable dual band antennas, a power adapter, an Ethernet cable, a setup guide and an installation video.
How to set up the RTA 2600
After attaching the antennae and plugging the router to an internet source (broadband modem), you plug the device to power it. For the setup, you would need to connect it to a device (PC, Tablet). It should take 20 seconds for the start-up wizard to analyze your internet connection, after this, an option would be available for you to change the network’s name and password. It takes 5 minutes to setup the router.
The Athena Amped Wireless RTA 2600 has a one year warranty
Who is the device made for?
The MU-MIMO feature allows the Athena RTA 2600 to be a valuable device in a household with some active network users and devices. This technology also makes it useful in office spaces. It is also very much ideal for r and video streaming.
Buyers of the RTA 2600 should be aware of the following
- The antennae connected to the Athena RTA 2600 can be redirected depending on your environment.
- Each antenna is rated to be more powerful than the average antennae because each one holds a 5dBi which is higher than the standard 3 or 4 dBi contained in another router antenna, this means the Athena RTA 2600 can spread out stronger signals than the standard router antennae.
- With the use of an RJ-SMA connector, the router can be changed at any time, but the Athena cannot avoid data traffic jams due to the absence of a congestion antenna which would normally monitor the network to circumvent that.
- With the MU-MIMO technology, the Athena distributes data very efficiently to multiple active devices without any client experiencing a drop in the connection speeds.
- The Athena has four Gigabit LAN ports and a single USB port for inserting a hard drive or even a memory key. Unfortunately, a network printer cannot work with the USB port.
Lower Priced Items To Consider
What We Liked
- The setup for the device is quick and relatively easy
- It has enhanced Monitoring options
- The router has decent Throughput
- It comes with high-quality antennae with internal amplifiers
- The MU-MIMO feature ensures high performance among multiple devices
What We Didn’t Like
- It is expensive
- The router has unsatisfactory range performances
- It has underwhelming 5GHz performance when compared with its competitors
- it has poor file transfer and storage speeds
- The router lacks media streaming support from its storage feature
- It also lacks Time Machine backup for Mac users
The Athena RTA 2600 appearance and it’s highly customizable operational settings will surely attract gamers. Its monitoring option also helps its cause.
That, coupled with high gain antennae, its high-performance levels dealing with multiple connected devices and it’s quick setup pile up a few points for the Athena., but it has a poor range performance, and it is more expensive than its competitors which record better range capabilities, more features and are faster.
Lower Priced Items to Consider
27,320 total views, 58 views today