1. Has your dad made it a habit to always keep you off your grill? Then this 5-in-1 griddler will definitely teach him who’s boss.
drip-tray Promising review: “My wife’s grandmother used to have a waffle iron similar to this, and my wife used to talk about how great it was (then bemoan the fact that nothing like it was available now). So, when I saw this griddle for sale, I decided to give it a try, and I’m so glad I did. This thing is so great that, since I bought one for us three years ago, I have bought two more to give as gifts; it’s my go-to housewarming gift. It’s on our counter all the time and gets used two to five times a week. The controls are easy to understand, the removable is easy to clean, and the ability to pop the grill plates out and put them in the dishwasher means even less work than cooking with a pan on the stove.” — Matthew
(available with silver or black handles). Get it from Amazon
2. Your dad’s been using those foldout maps to find his way? Then get a cell phone car mount immediately. When he sees how hip you look with it, he’ll realize that he doesn’t need to look back and forth between his phone and the road .
Promising review: “My dad was jealous of mine, so I gave it to him and bought another! I’d totally buy again!” — Elizabeth
(available in three colors). Get it from Amazon
3. With the 27-piece first aid kit, even your dad will be at peace when next he gets a boo boo, because you’ll be ready to patch him right up .
4. Get a magazine rack for your toilet so you will be able to stack with a few crossword puzzle books. That way, your dad will have something to keep him company when next he goes in for a number 2 .
fit Promising review: “When I put it on the tank, it perfectly, without the seat hitting it when raised. Also, the four to five magazines we have at a time fit without a problem, and I’m so happy to get them off the floor.” — K. Burns
Get them from Amazon.
5. Or, you could get a squat potty that gets him out the bathroom even quicker .
6. Give your dad’s experience with hot sauce and honey a nice redefining with a bottle of Mike’s Hot Honey. Show him that things are definitely better than they were in the 60s.
8. Feed your need to tighten every nut and bolt you come across by getting a credit card-sized multitool .
Promising review: “I’ve become obsessed with minimalist and versatile tools that are TSA approved. I seem to always need a small screwdriver to fix my glasses or replace a battery in a gadget, but lack the tools. This multitool card has solved that problem. It’s extremely sturdy and I’ve already used it for small tasks around the house.” — Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon.
9. A bacon press, just because you need to show your dad what awesome bacon looks like .
porkchops Promising review: “I got this as a birthday gift for my Dad, and he’s used it for all types of meat and hasn’t complained once. Okay, maybe once, he burnt his the first time. Still, he likes the ‘heaviness’ of this press and enjoys using it.” — K. Burk
Get it from Amazon.
10. A MagLite flashlight will be an awesome gift, because it seems the lights always go off in your dad’s old house .
11. A beer review logbook so you can give your dad’s beer choices a proper criticism, and still throw a few drinking jokes in there .
12. And a beer insulator that ensures that there’s always a cold one whenever your dad comes around .
Promising review: “I drink often, so this is perfect for me. It fits tall cans, when you have the top-seal off. It fits regular cans, as well as most bottles. I can be down in the blazing sun by the pool and, after an hour in the sunlight, my drink is still cold.” — Sirjury
(available in five colors, with some colors available in a two-pack). Get it from Amazon
13. A daddy hat that will make your dad jealous for once rejecting the cliché .
Promising review: “EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE ONE OF THESE. I got one for a friend and it’s amazing. The hat is great quality, especially the stitching where it says ‘daddy.’ My friends and I are all buying them!” — Amazon Customer
available in five colors, as well as an all-caps and distressed version). Get it from Amazon (
14. An Amazon Fire TV Stick to ensure that your dad is occupied for a few hours, while you slip to your room and get some work done .
6pm Promising review: “I live in the country and only have DSL for internet and all other streaming devices, so they all work very, VERY slow. Our Netflix streaming was always stopping and catching up, to the point where we couldn’t watch anything on Netflix (after , when everyone else slowed down the system). My son told me to get a Fire TV Stick and, “You won’t have that problem, Dad!” WOW. It was so simple to install and we no longer have streaming problems. I can’t even begin to understand why using a Fire TV Stick works better, or gets us better streaming than what we were doing before, but it does and we have joined the rest of the streaming world.” — Freddy The Frog
Get it from Amazon.
15. A record frame to ensure that the vinyl collection you gathered for years doesn’t get damaged.
16. A cold brew pitcher. If not for anything else, it saves you the money you would have spent on Starbucks .
Promising review: “I got this for my dad, who loves his Starbucks cold brew. He is also epically lazy. But, he loves this thing and uses it regularly; I never thought I would see him making his own coffee.” — Von Dorken
(also available in a three-quart version). Get it from Amazon
17. A set of keepons so you never have to push your glass back up when you’re just enjoying a newspaper on your favorite chair .
Promising review: “Love them! Ordered a pair for my dad, too! If you ever push your glasses up from the bridge of your nose, buy these! Just pay attention to the sizing and the shape of your glasses! Would buy again and again!” — Deanna Hogentogler
Get it from Amazon.
19. A pair of meat-shredding claws, so you can play “make belief wolverine” with the pieces of pork at home .
21. A roll of LED tape that will make you want to break something and tape it up again. Just for the fun of it!
22. A pair of socks that should only be worn when laying back on the sofa… until you realize that it’s a workday .
(fits men’s sizes 9–13, and available in five colors, with alternate requests available in other colors). Get it from Amazon
23. A set of Mad Men playing cards, so you can easily dare anyone who thinks they’re better than you to put their money where their mouth is .
24. A safety razor shaving set that looks so awesome, your dad will regret shaving two days before he paid you a visit .
Promising review: “I was very surprised by how comfortable a shave the safety razor provides, much more comfortable than the triple-blade razors I was using. I was afraid, at first, I would nick my face, but that didn’t happen. With this, I’m able to get a much cleaner edge at the sideburns than with a triple razor and I can even get the hairs just under my nostrils that a bulkier triple razor can’t reach. The brush is excellent; its bristles are firm and massage your face as you lather and they don’t fall out like some cheap brushes. They have a musty smell at first, but that goes away after a few uses. The stand is attractive and sturdy, and I highly recommend buying this set.” — SupRmegaBLAKOL
(available in two colors). Get it from Amazon
25. A six-pack of cable clips, because let’s face it—controlling your wires with bread-ties is just straight up embarrassing .
26. A T-shirt with the Worst Joke Ever that can immediately turn you into the envy of other dads.
Promising review: “Such a fun gift for my playful dad! The certificate it comes with was a great surprise, and we framed it! My dad wears this shirt whenever he is in the mood to joke around.” — Amanda Mahaney
(fits men’s sizes small–XXXXXL). Get it from Amazon
15,268 total views, 4 views today